Friday, February 1, 2013

My Unmarked, Unclaimed Territory

Hey guys! I'm back! Did you miss me? I'm sure you did! Anyways, I'm taking Creative Writing I this semester, and we read this poem called 'Unclaimed Territory' by Louisa DeBoo and my teacher asked us to write a poem based on her style, (which is about how hard the writing process can be) so I want to share it with you guys!
*Please keep in mind that this IS a ROUGH draft, so I haven't edited it yet. I'll do that in another post*

'My Unmarked, Unclaimed Territory'

The blank paper stares at me
I have no thoughts
The paper mocks me
Challenging my thoughts and intelligence


For I have nothing to write

Searching high and low
I'm seeking for inspiration
Words fading,
memories becoming so distant,
feelings and emotions leaving
where they hid and flee from me
Trying to reach them
They flee once again

My pen leaves. Going unused.

The blank paper stares at me
For I couldn't write
Mocking and laughing
The paper won.

Ok, please give me your feedback on what you liked about it, what you didn't like about it, and if there is anything that could be done to the poem to make it sound better. Thanks guys!

Christina :) xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! It means a lot to me! Please prohibit from foul language or anything that is inappropriate. Thanks :)